Are you the one?
At Packlink Engineering team, we are looking to incorporate management profiles to help our great software engineers to unlock all their potential as persons as well as software engineers.
You will bring your people and leadership skills to work with talented people to understand their needs and help them progress through their career.
Packlink wants to be the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
We are building the best shipping platform for private customers and businesses. Shipping is a complex business and small to medium businesses need a solution to the problems shipping brings into their day to day work. With our technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience delivering a premium service to their customers.
To achieve this we work in interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities.
What you’ll find is
- Micro-services, micro-services and micro-services, with more than 40 in production
- More than 3.6K requests per minute... are you up for the challenge?
- Event oriented architecture
- A company with more than 15 nationalities.
- DevOps mentality
- A growing team in an fast paced environment
- Great people to work with
What you will be doing:
- You will be working within the engineering manager team.
- You will be a key contributor to take the teams to the next level.
- Conducting regular 1:1s with every person you manage to give and receive feedback.
- Coaching and mentoring experience and best practices.
- Helping individuals determine the best way to reach their professional goals.
- Managing performance and providing useful, timely feedback.
- Guiding engineers to the right training courses, conferences, and potential stretch projects.
- Coordinate with other Engineer Managers to have common strategies and goals regarding people growth.
- Contributing to management best practices: helping us become an exceptional place to work for the ambitious, highly motivated people that we hire.
- Participate in hiring processes and in the decision making of new candidates
- Maintain a supportive and engaging team culture.
- Lead by example.
- Report directly to the CTO.
- Mentor others.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Actively advocate for high quality, well tested code by being the example to follow.
What we are looking for:
- Experience programming in a professional environment.
- Experience in people management.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also team oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- We are an international company, fluent reading in English is needed.
- It would be valuable to have a degree in Computer Science or related technical/scientific discipline.
- B2 english level.
I’d be great if you:
- Have worked in a scale up environment.
- Have experience working in a remote first setup.
- Have knowledge of Java >8 and it’s functional bits.
- Having knowledge of Scala is a big plus.
- Experience with Spring (boot) Framework (very welcome).
- Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies is highly preferred.
- Experience with micro-services (or distributed systems) architecture is a plus.
As a Team Lead, your scope will be a single team, you will balance management and coding tasks and you will lead a multidisciplinary team
And as Engineering Manager, your scope will be the whole Tech department, you will dedicate to management tasks 100% of your time and you will lead Team Leads and Tech Leads.
What we offer:
- ✔️ Competitive salary package. We got two profile levels for this position depending on your experience:
- Team Lead: 50000-65000 €
- Engineering Manager: 65000-75000 €
- Personal Training Budget. Up to 2000€/year training budget (certifications, conferences attendance…) for investing in your professional development. We want to help you to improve your technical skills, feel involved in the tech community, and develop your soft skills in order to lead teams or manage other stakeholders.
- ️ Languages classes on a weekly basis. Thirsty of knowledge? Learn a new language by joining our free English/Spanish/French classes. In groups of 4-5 people, you can connect and enjoy learning your favourite language with one of our great coaches.
- Engineering Career Path. A career growth plan, created by engineers for engineers. You can check it in our blog (https://medium.com/packlinkeng/the-path-to-our-career-path-8781e4565ae3)
- Learning weekly initiatives. Share is caring, join us for our weekly Learning Meetings. Be the driver or the attendant, you choose!
- Be an active part of the tech community. Opportunity to attend and participate in local and international technological events. We are doing really cool things and we feel really proud to share them!
- Our culture is our aim to be: A young and upbeat work environment. Leave your suit behind; we’re a t-shirt and converse kind of place.
- International environment for developing your cross-cultural skills. A truly international team: 10 languages, 15 nationalities working in the same company. Also, our company language is English and all internal communication and open meetings are in English.
- Configure your workstation. Whether you prefer Mac or Linux (or Windows…), 1 additional screen or 2… enjoy your brand-new work from home set-up essentials.
- We like overcoming barriers, bring your talent and work from home. (After COVID situation, now we are fully remote). We are able to look for the best combination of remote and office-days. From 3 days WFH per week up to 3 days per month working in the office with your team we are happy to configure your perfect scheme.
- ️ Work-life balance. If you have kids or you want to go to the gym at the morning… Your work-life balance is really important for us! Our work-time scheme is flexible and you only need to share your preferences with your manager. We will find the best fit for you!
- Health and Wellness. We care about you! You can choose between the gym membership, physiotherapy sessions or private health insurance, 100% free! Also, we have psychological assistance free of charge.
- ️ Company events. Work hard, play hard! We do our best every day even in our regular team-building events. Now it will be remote but we hope to come back again!
- Flexible Salary. We work with Cobee in order to save taxes with our reflex plan: transport, restaurant and kindergarten.
- Great and transparent compensation policy. We included the salary ranges in all job offers in order to be clear about our expectations. In addition, we will discuss this range with you in the first recruiting call to assure that we are aligned.