We invite you to join Vodafone to build a future together, in a position where you can learn new things every day and have contact with the different business units of the Company, as well as related institutions and public bodies.
- To develop and deliver OPEN RAN Software Solutions according to Radio Product Strategy and Roadmap and leading the development of Software from high-level specifications to validated solutions that can be deployed in the field.
- Drive technical relationship with OPEN RAN Software vendors through requirements specification, roadmap and solution benchmarking
- Interface to Product Strategy/Planning, Hardware Development, OSS Development and Performance and Efficiency to drive requirements and develop e2e integrated software solutions
- Responsible for the definition, delivery and driving of the Software Roadmap and the associated 2- year Plan, tracking the delivery across all development stages and enabling deployments.
- Lead a technical lead of ~8 people.
The role of Manager of Digital, Software and System Development has the following responsibilities:
- To deliver Vodafone OPEN RAN Software Roadmap, leading the development and delivery from high-level specifications to validated deployable solutions
- To define 2 Year OPEN RAN Roadmaps in line with Product Strategy and Planning and in coordination with HW Development Roadmap and OSS Development to define Radio System architecture.
- To deliver the highest level of Maintenance support in order to secure any Product issue can be managed timely and without relevant customer impact.
- To Drive Technical relationship with OPEN RAN vendors in the areas of product responsibility, Benchmarking, Roadmap and performance management. Support or lead RFQ based technical assessments.
- To ideate, drive and deliver Software Innovations that allow for the Differentiation of Vodafone´s service to our customers as well as to reduce Total Cost of Ownership compared to traditional suppliers.
- To lead and develop a technical team.
What you bring?
- >15 years of relevant experience in mobile operator/Radio supplier environment in the fields of 2G/3G/4G/5G Radio Access Networks.
- Proven track record for successful development and delivery of new Radio technologies/final customer solutions, including the successful lead of International Programmes in very complex environments.
- More than 2 years of experience in OPEN RAN Technology: Driving roadmaps, performing trials, or developing software.
- Deep Technical expertise in Mobile Access Technologies and Standards incl. 2G/3G/4G/5G, Antennas, Repeaters, Site Infrastructure and Small Cells.
- Experience in virtualized RAN platforms, vRAN, Network Function Virtualisation (NFV), and associated HW and SW architectures and platforms
- Experience in delivering RFI/RFP/RFQ management and evaluation.
- People management experience.
- Experience developing Radio Software and contributing to large, complex projects
- Programme Management Skills
- University degree in Engineering/ Computer Science or MBA
At Vodafone we are concerned about being a company committed to diversity as an engine of change. We are proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of race, nationality, cultural origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and religious or political beliefs.Key accountabilities and decision ownership: •