We invite you to join Vodafone to build a future together, in a position where you can learn new things every day and have contact with the different business units of the Company, as well as related institutions and public bodies.
The role of the Data Engineer has the following responsibilities:
- Work with Business Analyst, Test Engineer and Product Owner in an Agile Squad to create data pipelines for each local market migration.
- Integrate the necessary diverse and distributed data from multiple sources transforming this to a central data format for each country. Replacing existing EDW with a central solution on Google Cloud Platform.
- Build data pipelines that make use of large volumes of data and generate outputs that allow commercial and business actions that generate incremental value.
- Create semantic layers for Business Intelligence users and feature engineering for data science.
- Deliver and implement core capabilities (frameworks, platform, development infrastructure, documentation, guidelines and support) to speed up the Local Markets delivery in the BI and Analytics
What you bring?
- Experience of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) using Data Flow and if possible Data Fusion, or in AWS.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Hive/Impala, HBase, Yarn);
- Strong software development experience in Java, Scala and Python programming languages; other functional languages desirable
- Experience with columnar data formats
- Experience of SQL preferably knowledge of Big Query
- Worked in an Agile environment
- Advanced English language skills
Be yourself at work: We are proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of race, nationality, cultural background, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and religious or political belief. We also attract the best people with an inclusive workplace with a diversity of thought where everyone belongs.