QA Automation Engineer - College Graduate
We are looking for a recent grad that would like to start their career in technology in the QA Automation Engineer role. As QA Automation Engineer you will develop automated test solutions to ensure the accuracy and reliability of Boats Group’s software. Functional and performance tests will be driven through UI and API automation, and be strengthened by your interactions within the development team. The skills you learn in this role will be a great stepping stone to a path in Software Development.
What You’ll Do
- Understand the short and long term direction of Boats Group
- Analyze specific and implied requirements and collaborate with other members of the team to design, build and deliver features to verify those requirements
- Understand test automation patterns, practices and architectural styles and how and when to apply them
- Contribute to the continued development and maintenance of several high-traffic, high availability websites, including working with legacy systems
- Document systems, procedures, and processes relevant to our suite of applications
- Work closely with other QA Automation Engineers to ensure consistency and the technical success of our projects.
- Stay current on software development trends and advise on which ones, if any, Boats Group should adopt.
- Build and extend tooling for performance testing.
What You Should Have
- B.Sc. in Computer Science/related field of study
- Experience developing with some of the following:
- SQL queries
- Experience with version control systems
- An understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment and unit testing
- An understanding and promoter of the agile software development processes
- Strong desire to learn and great intellectual curiosity
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
Our Evolving Development Shop
- Test Automation: java, node.js, maven, selenium, appium, TestNG, sql, serenity libraries
- Infrastructure: AWS, Jenkins, Docker, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence
- Websites and APIs: react, node.js, java, scala, php, perl