Games Localization Project Manager
Lionbridge Game Services Barcelona is currently seeking an experienced Games Localization Project Manager based in Barcelona, Spain.
The Games Localization Project Manager will be responsible for organizing and supervising the smooth operation of games localization projects assigned, while ensuring the highest quality of its output to service a wide range of gaming customers, from indie to AAA publishers/developers.
The optimal candidate is a highly organized strategic thinker and a proactive self-starter. This position is suitable for individuals who have 5+ years previous experience in a similar role and are based in Barcelona.
Experience, Skills & Requirements:
- Manage and organize games localization projects from start to finish (localization as well as audio VO recording projects): costing & quoting, scheduling, pre-production, resource assignments, progress reporting, project analysis, post-production, Quality Assurance support, etc.
- Act as client's daily point of contact, forging strong relationships, understanding the client's team dynamic, business goals, priorities and challenges
- Overall financial ownership, gathering and reviewing financial reporting, VAR, Labor and PCM results, managing customer complaints and KPI data
- Drive localization performance, financial growth and innovation, bringing a high level of added value to the account
- Thorough understanding of and experience with company budgeting/forecasting tools and processes
- Report to Operations/Production Management and Site Management on a regular basis
- Manage communication and successful relations with clients, internal and external stakeholders and linguist resources
- Responsible for project kick offs and handoffs, debriefing teams for each project
- Define and continuously update project planning and prioritization, communicating with wider Lionbridge teams and internal/external production teams daily
- Report on production status and budget forecast
- Manage client quoting, invoicing & vendor/freelancer PO-processes
- Assess, monitor and ensure quality of multi-lingual projects and monitor KPIs
- Provide feedback and creative solutions for continuous improvement of processes, resource allocation, services, and client relationships
- Analyze and anticipate risk in the localization process, providing guidance to clients
- Demonstrated 5+ years prior experience directly managing Games Localization projects
- Track record includes managing two or more shipped AAA video game localization projects, including Translation and Audio Recording (Voice Over) for Castilian Spanish specifically
- Castilian Spanish games translation (freelancing) experience and related translation/localization studies a big plus
- Experience in managing multiple project types: in-game (multiple platforms), web/online content, Marketing materials, legal content (EULAs), etc.
- Translation CAT tool advanced technical proficiency (MemoQ, SDL Trados, etc.)
- Comfortable managing professional customer relations and communication
- Self-starter with problem-solving skills, used to working independently as well as in a team
- Flexible team player with the ability to multi-task, negotiate and make decisions with the team as well as project outcome in mind
- Detail oriented and highly organized, accustomed to prioritizing and handle multiple games localization projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and expertise in written and verbal communication: e-mail, status reports, proposals, negotiation, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and decisively under pressure within prior set deadlines, preparing and controlling project schedules and delivery within prior set deadlines and budgets
- Experience working with internal as well as remote worldwide teams in various time zones
- Fluent written and verbal Spanish and English skills; knowledge of an additional language a plus
- Experience working with Windows applications: MS Office, MS Outlook, Teams, etc.
- A love for games (regularly playing video games), game development and the games industry