Product Manager (Telco Billing / BSS)
| Posted 12-01-2021
Our client is a recently acquired Telecoms BSS / Billing company that has become a BU of a major North American software business. The business will continue to operate under its own brand and have its own P&L. The size of the revenue is in the range of 5-10 million USD (around 20 people in headcount).
The Client's platform includes billing, POS, CRM, operational support software and is the central source of all retail fulfillment and revenue assurance for its telecommunications service provider customers worldwide. The client has Telco service provider clients in the Caribbean, Africa, and APAC.
The client is looking to hire a Product Manager / Head of Products for its Telecoms Billing / BSS solutions (sold to Tier 2 and Tier 3 service providers). The ideal location is the UK or anywhere in the EU (home-based).
Given the start-up size of the BU the successful candidate will need to wear many hats and be responsible for:
- Gathering requirements from end customers / market feedback
- Translating requirements to work with the R&D side to ensure successful implementation
- Defining the product roadmaps across the portfolio and their longer term strategy
- Contributing towards product marketing activities
- Contributing towards presales activities (acting as a product subject matter expert if the sales teams need assistance).
- Market analysis
- Attending trade shows and engagement with industry bodies (the TM Forum etc).
The client will consider OSS / Billing / BSS candidates that have experience as a Solutions Manager, Business Analyst, Solutions Architect, Solutions Consultant, Presales as long as they have good knowledge of the Telecoms billing space.