Denodo is the leader in data virtualization – providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud and unstructured sources, and the most agile data services provisioning and governance – at less than half the cost of traditional data integration.
Denodo’s customers have gained significant business agility and ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web and cloud integration, single-view applications, and SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
The Revenue Accountant will report directly to the Revenue Manager and will support all aspects of the revenue cycle as well as certain aspects of pricing and product codes.
This is a newly created position to assist the Revenue Manager with the development (and performance) of new revenue recognition processes and controls. This role will require regular interaction with other departments, such as the sales team, the operations team and the professional services teams.
The Revenue Accountant will also be involved in the review and reconciliation of the data conversion from our CRM (Salesforce) to our ERP (NetSuite), as well as working on ad hoc requests as required from our compensation and operations department and supporting annual audit requests
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review customer contracts and billings for non-standard terms, multiple elements, and to ensure that revenue has been recognized in accordance with US GAAP (ASC 606).
- Perform month-end duties including account reconciliation, computation of revenue/deferred revenue, accrual estimates and review of revenue trends.
- Assist with the development or improvement of new or existing revenue recognition processes and controls.
- Identify potential issues as well as root causes in the financial accounting systems (including the order-to-cash workflow) that impact revenue recognition.
- Develop monthly revenue reporting from NetSuite to facilitate review and analysis of revenue recognition, sales activity and pricing.
- Work with the Revenue Manager on technical accounting issues.
- Assist with annual audit requests.
- Prepare ad hoc requests for data compilation.
- Assist with any requests for other systems implementations (Salesforce) that relate to NetSuite items and customers.
- BA/BS degree in Finance and Accounting or Information Technologies specializing in Accounting.
- 3+ years of similar experience in an enterprise software company with both product and service revenues.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, especially revenue recognition rules (ASC 606).
- Good command of financial systems controls.
- Ability to work both as a team player and autonomously; project management and multi-tasking skills essential.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and good attention to detail.
- Accustomed to working in a global organization, including across various time zones.
- NetSuite & Salesforce experience preferred but not required.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.