ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Accountable for performing manual and automated testing of applications supporting business objectives while demonstrating independence in project analysis.
- Lead analysis for the purposes of developing test cases for websites, web applications, and infrastructure.
- Perform hands-on manual testing while scripting automated tests to ensure application quality.
- Serve as a liaison to business analyst and product owner, providing feedback on application readiness for migrations.
- Provides technical guidance to junior testers and other team members.
Skills and Knowledge
- Technically familiar with development concepts and formats such as SQL, XML, JSON and scripting languages.
- Provide input in prioritizing, estimating, and defining acceptance criteria
- Clearly define test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures
- Provide usability and functionality feedback to developers
- Interact with customers on issues and provide recommendations
- Ability to build automated test scripts
- Plan tests and strategies according to the project
- Thorough and disciplined, ability to analyze a problem and weight severity of the issue.
- Dedicated worker skilled at collaborating in a team setting.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of proven experience in software development industry, participating in team environment
- 3+ years of experience in automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver
- 3+ years of proven experience in testing web services such as RESTful API.
- 2+ years of proven experience in performance testing using tools such as Apache JMeter.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Java, C# .Net.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
- Familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Confluence as well as Zephyr.
- Familiarity with Agile [Scrum]
- Experience in testing non-GUI applications (SQL, Flat Files, XML, and etc.)
- Familiarity working in a Continuous Integration atmosphere
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice