About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.About Technology:
Our Technology practice helps clients manage the risk and cost of e-discovery. From forensic data collection to fully managed document review services we collaborate with our clients to deliver strategic solutions tailored to their unique legal requirements. With keen focus on the productivity and defensibility of document review, clients rely on our comprehensive portfolio of software and services expertise and address matters ranging from internal investigations to large-scale litigation with global e-discovery requirements.About the Role:
This Consultant position is a part of FTI Consulting's E-discovery Consulting and Digital Forensic team. From the Technology segment we are in the position to deliver to our clients a large portfolio of services which includes the application of a comprehensive computer forensic methodology which includes the Identification, preservation, processing and analysis of ESI in order to present evidences for all purposes that can be used in any kind of litigation or internal investigation, in addition, following a partnership with Relativity, we are able to provide clients with the combination of E-Discovery wide experience and our own flagship web-based document repository, Ringtail.
As part of the Madrid based team, the Consultant will be cross-trained in various Digital Forensics and E-discovery skills and will assist on all phases of our projects.Key Responsibilities:
You will be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the identification, collection, extraction, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data. This could involve:
Education and Qualifications:
- Liaising with clients and project managers regarding client requests and manage expectations.
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and handle data from phones, mobile devices, computers and storage media, following forensic standards, on-site, at client premises, around Spain and abroad.
- Use of worldwide recognised tools to preserve data maintaining in all times the corresponding Chain of Custody, ensuring data integrity during all phases.
- Utilising industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources.
- Assuming responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel.
- Co-ordinating closely with colleagues within and across teams to manage the delivery of client requirements.
- Being customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary.
- Travelling as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible).
Minimum 2:1 degree in law or a technology focused subject such as computer science, forensic computing or information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in Spanish and English is required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Technically savvy with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows and related software, especially Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Self developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team's goals above individual goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple tasks through completion.
- Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role.
- Flexible with working hours and has the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Familiarity with personal computer and server hardware, operating systems and software, possibly having some experience of working in a computer forensics, e-Discovery or technology related role or university project.
- Familiarity with forensic principles and technologies.
- Desirable knowledge and experience in the use of Computer Forensic tools such as Encase, Nuix, FTK, UFED, Oxygen Forensics, BlackBag, among others.
- Knowledge of and experiencing in configuring and operating Ringtail, Relativity or any other e-discovery tool as a document review management application desirable .
- Use of Concordance, Summation or Introspect desirable.
- A good understanding of transact SQL and relational databases desirable.
- Knowledge of data manipulation, data conversion, and data analysis activities in a SQL database and MS Access desirable.
- Familiarity with email server software (Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes) desirable.
- Knowledge of programming (Python, Java, Visual Basic, PowerShell) desirable.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.