Verse is a financial brand within the ecosystem of Square, located in Barcelona. Our goal is to take the friction out of spending and sharing money through peer-to-peer transactions. Our digital wallet allows you to share payments instantly, safely, and free of charge in select European countries.
We are collaborating closely with the Cash App organization to build a product that redfines the world's relationship with money by making it universally accessible. This partnership will enhance support and continued investment in our company's growth across the European Union.
We want to hire the best talent to join our team, headquartered in Spain. Interested in learning more?
As a Senior Technical Recruiter, you will lead recruitment efforts to identify uniquely accomplished individuals to guide us forward. You will be responsible for building strategies to engage and build relationships with world class talent, with an emphasis on making connections within the software engineering and data science communities. Throughout the entire process, you will provide an unparalleled experience, while serving as an advisor to candidates and internal partners alike.
- Own the entire lifecycle of recruiting from kicking off a new search, job description development, building a robust evaluation strategy, sourcing and closing candidates
- Provide a seamless recruiting process for various hiring managers, engineering teams and/or business units
- Partner with HRBPs, Finance, Talent Programs, Compensation and I&D to ensure a holistic approach to recruiting
- Prioritize and delegate open headcount in partnership with your manager
- Provide mentorship or indirect leadership on various recruiting best practices
- Execute against a unique sourcing strategies to build diverse pools of candidates
- 6+ years of full cycle recruiting experience for an innovative and scaling organization
- Ability to build rapport and establish trust with individuals in a highly competitive market
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and solve complex problems while collaborating with business partners to achieve a common goal
- Ability to thrive in a data and metrics driven environment
- Consultative communication skills while working with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- A positive and team oriented approach to your work
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Experience recruiting for a variety of technical roles (e.g. Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, UI Engineers, Design, etc.)
- Experience building and improving recruitment processes through collaboration with cross functional stakeholders throughout the organization
- Experience leading and mentoring others
Verse treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, political ideas, ethnicity, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, social status, union states, kinship status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office's corresponding local guidelines and applicable regulations.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to We will treat your request and information as confidentially as possible in accordance with our privacy policies and applicable requirements. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
- Job ID: 56749641
- Position Title: Senior Technical Recruiter, Verse
- Company Name: Square
- Job Function: Other
- Job Type: Full-Time