Harmonic, the worldwide leader in software-based cable access and video delivery solutions, enables media companies and service providers to deliver ultra-high-quality streaming and broadcast services to consumers globally. We revolutionized cable access networking via the industry’s first virtualized cable access solution, enabling cable operators to more flexiblyand efficiently deploy gigabit internet service to consumers’ homes and mobile devices. Whether simplifying streaming via innovative SaaS platforms and software-based appliances or powering the delivery of gigabit internet services, we are changing the way media companies and service providers monetize live and on-demand content on every screen. More information is available atwww.harmonicinc.com.
We are looking for our new Technical Support Engineer!
24 x 7 Technical Assistance Center within the Worldwide Services organization
Location: Alicante, ES
A university technology degree or equivalent years of technical support experience in high-technology companies, preferably within Playout and Transmission, Network, Storage and or Digital Video/Broadcast industries.
- Work as a member of the 24x7 Technical Assistance Center supporting our global customers.
- Provide telephone and email support assisting customers with resolving complex hardware and software problems.
- Utilize lab systems to replicate problems and present findings to engineering for acceptable workarounds or code changes necessary to resolve issues.
- Deliver transaction quality; implement process improvements and related objectives necessary to provide the highest service as efficiently and reliably as possible to maintain or improve customer satisfaction.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer issues; provide clear communication of problem status; drive problems to resolution. Be courteous and professional.
- Track all customer engagements in our CRM system. Keep accurate detailed notes of customer communications and steps taken to resolve customer issues.
- Authorizes product returns (RMA’s) through established company policy and guidelines.
Skills and Experience
As an individual in this position, you must have the ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral with the ability to converse with Customers, Engineering, Management and other Support team members at a technical level. You must be self motivated and organized with the ability to manage multiple customer cases and respond in a professional, timely manor. You must be able to prepare detailed technical and operational documentation covering, product issues, customer case information, product stability and serviceability recommendations as well as process and procedural changes. Your ability to work with customers under a variety of circumstances and pressures, yet understand and meet customer expectations is fundamental. The candidate must have the following:
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative in identifying and successfully resolving technical problems at customer sites via phone, email and remote access.
- Content delivery systems over Satellite, Cable, and IPTV and or content Transcoding, production, storage and file base workflows.
- Working knowledge and experience with the following technologies is required:
- Networking - Ethernet, routers, switches, hubs, TCP/IP, CIFS, and NFS.
- Operating system – Linux & Unix, with Windows Active Directory.
- Audio/video compression formats - MPEG-2/MPEG-4 H.264/AVC a plus /DVB.
A working knowledge and/or experience with some of the following technologies are a major plus:
- Digital video system solutions (DBS, Cable, Telco, Terrestrial, Mobile, Wireless, etc.).
- Real Time Encoders, Multiplexers.
- Digital video manipulation techniques such as Rate Shaping, Transcoding and Digital Program Insertion (DPI) are pluses.
- CAS – Conditional Access Systems.
- Abode Flash, graphic experience.
- Edit Suites (Apple FCP, Avid Digital Suites).
- Automation Systems (Harris, Pebble beach, SAM – Snell).
- Video Servers (Omneon, Grass Valley, Leitch, Pinnacle).
40 hours per week. May be required to work shifts which include national, regional and local holidays, weekends and nights.
At Harmonic, we believe that building and nurturing a global team with diverse backgrounds and voices is critical to our success. Together, we achieve excellence through creativity and innovation, build relationships based on integrity and mutual respect, and deliver the highest quality in every aspect of our business for the benefit of our employees, business partners and shareholders.