For the past 25 years, Sequel Business Solutions has grown to becoming a leading insurance and reinsurance software specialist. With our headquarters based in the City of London , and our development hub in Malaga, Spain, we employ talented insurance and technical experts who understand the market and our clients' business. To learn more about Sequel, please visit us at: https://sequel.com/. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We are super excited to announce a new position for our UW Team in Malaga, Spain.
What will you be doing?
Following the foundations of the I and II levels, responsible for the accurate testing of software used by insurance market professionals. Works with very limited supervision and helps direct the work of more middle QA Analysts. Aware of the interactions of different streams within the same product.
- Performs manual testing in complex areas across one or more applications.
- Able to own medium-to-large features without guidance from test case design through implementation to completion.
- Capable of designing most complex test cases and test strategies for a major area of functionality in a product.
- Provides accurate estimates for themselves and others.
- Identifies solutions to issues blocking testing without assistance.
- Reviews test cases executed by other QAs.
- Able to debug issues to facilitate developers’ work.
- Challenges analysts/developers providing insightful findings and key information.
- Mentors other testers in various areas of expertise like business, application areas and test techniques.
- Participation in sprint planning and daily stand-ups.
- Working with our business analysts to plan testing for current and future projects.
- Logging, tracking and proactive management of defects of their area.
- Able to handle testing workloads and manage them based on priorities
- Regular progress reporting to QA team leads.
- Able to help compile the test completion report and explain results.
- Able to train others.
- Understands the differences between the different products in terms of testing.
- Any other duties commensurate to the grade of the role.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience in similar roles.
- University Degree (Engineering, Mathematics, or similar)
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude to face the most complex business scenarios.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to express complex bugs, situations or problems in a concise and precise manner.
- Expertise in SQL scripting, SQL server and data model.
- Expertise in API testing (Swagger, Postman)
- Creativity when dealing with new and illogical situations.
- Capable of prioritising tasks; avoids getting caught up in unimportant details.
- Takes the initiative to fix blockers before being assigned to them.
- Skilled in the testing techniques required to drive out test conditions from key documents that form the test basis.
- Shift-left and Fail Fast QA mindset experience
- Risk Based testing experience
- Regression testing strong expertise
- SDLC and STLC knowledge and experience working with them
- Automation knowledge (principles of what and how to automate)
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice