Runnymede College is a private non-denominational British school in Madrid offering a British education to boys and girls of all nationalities from the age of two to eighteen. The education offered follows the British National Curriculum.
Founded as a private school in September 1967, the primary school was inaugurated in 1987, and since 1990, the whole School has been situated in La Moraleja, a residential estate 13 km to the north of Madrid.
The school is looking to recruit an outstanding Primary Teacher to join our KS2 team for January 2022.
We require a teacher who has experience and a history of excellent attainment in KS2. They should be enthusiastic and have high expectations of all pupils. They would be joining a committed team of teachers with high standards who want to continue to develop the quality of learning and teaching. Our children are bilingual, positive and eager to learn.
The school supports its staff and provides opportunities for professional development.
Successful candidates should:
- be highly motivated
- have a passion for education
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- have relevant experience teaching in the UK
- have experience of teaching the 2014 Primary Framework
- be familiar with use of ICT in the classroom
- have the ability to work positively and successfully within a team
- native level English speaker but no knowledge of Spanish is required
General terms and conditions of employment
- Full time permanent contract
- The School pays Social Security contributions for all its employees; this entitles employees to full free state medical cover, contribution to state pension and unemployment benefit.
- Staff at Runnymede College are paid very competitive salaries by local standards. All new members of staff receive a € 1,500 settling-in allowance for those moving from outside Spain and the package includes Runnymede Pension Plan.
- Holidays: Summer: July and August. Christmas: just over two weeks. Easter: two weeks. Half terms: one week in the first term (end of October / beginning of November) and one week in February. There is no half term in the third term due to the large number of public holidays. Teachers are not expected to work in summer schools.
- The School assists new employees in obtaining a visa for non EU citizens and the residence card (DNI/NIE/TIE) within the first 3 months upon arrival, which allows you to live and work in Spain.
- The School does not provide accommodation and does not contribute to defraying the cost of accommodation.
Please complete the online TES application and upload your CV and cover letter.
Final date for applications- Friday 1st October 2021
Runnymede is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including check with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring service.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.