Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
We are looking for Senior Security Researcher - DevOps to join the Zscaler ThreatLabZ research team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small, dynamic team that is working on cutting edge threat hunting product. This requires an understanding of web/email protocols and security, online threats - botnets, exploit kits, client-side exploits, cyber crime, an analytic mindset and strong scripting and automation skills.
ThreatLabZ is the security research arm of Zscaler. This world-class team is responsible for hunting new threats and ensuring that the 15 million users on the global Zscaler platform are always protected. In addition to malware research and behavioral analysis, team members are involved in the research and development of new prototype modules for advanced threat protection on the Zscaler platform, and regularly conduct internal security audits to ensure that Zscaler products and infrastructure meet security compliance standards. ThreatLabZ regularly publishes in-depth analyses of new and emerging threats on its portal, research.zscaler.com.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Perform threat hunting and threat analysis
- Monitor, detect, and analyze network threats
- Analyze security logs to identify new threats
- Employ automation to aid in research and hunting tasks
- Design and develop tools for threat hunting automation
- Implement tools and automation to increase threat hunter productivity
- 5-7 years of experience in security research and threat hunting
- Hands-on Experience with designing and implementing automation tools to manage threat hunting
- Strong security logs and network analysis skills
- Experience writing threat hunting signatures and algorithms
- Strong scripting and automation skills
- Programming: Shell, Perl, Ruby, or Python
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree from a university (preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline), or equivalent security industry work experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.